Thursday, February 23, 2017

40 in 40 2017

2017
 There is less than a week until this year's 40 hats in 40 days challenge!  I can't believe that this is my 5th year doing this challenge.  My first post was WAAAYYYYY back in 2012.  For those of you who are new to this, I'll give you the run down.

During the season of Lent I make an extra effort to give back to others by creating a hat a day (except Sundays) for babies.  These hats are then donated to God's Tiny Angels, a local charity that collects hand crafted items for preemies and newborns and distributes them to hospitals all over the country. 

I try to use only free patterns available on the internet and I share them every week with you, here on my blog.  And I invite you to participate with me.  If you are already a member of Ravelry you can join the challenge board here.  If you aren't a member yet, I encourage you to join.  It is free and is a great source for patterns (free and for sale) advice, camaraderie, and assistance.  I have never found a group like it any where else.  And if you have been with me through the years you know that a LOT of my hat patterns come from the wonderful designers on Ravelry.

So dust off your hooks and needles and shop for your yarn....

Until next time,